*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Monday, December 1, 2014

Blast From the Past

I saw a recipe on Facebook that I just had to try. It must be from the 70's, when JELLO and JELLO molds were all the rage. 
Buy a can of sliced pineapple (in 100% juice) and a box of Jello (I used lime). Drain the juice from the can of pineapple, reserving it. Make the Jello as directed on the box, but instead of using cold water use the pineapple juice from the can.

Pour the Jello over the pineapple while it's in the can (there will be lots of Jello leftover so just put that in a bowl in the fridge for an afternoon snack!). Put the can in the fridge until set up. Slide a knife around to loosen it and invert it onto a plate.

Then slice each pineapple slice and eat. It's disgusting. Disgustingly good! The kids loved it and I even enjoyed it. A simple, different dessert.
 

7 comments:

  1. Yaasss! Looks like something to eat after a TV dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to add, if you are south of the Mason Dixon, the Jello mold NEVAH goes out of style. In fact, it is an art form, and considered to be somewhat of a necessity at any proper tea. I'm just north of the KY border in OH, so I get a taste of that southern flair from time to time. Some are downright disgusting, and some are really something to admire (as much as gelatin can be).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha...it does look like something to eat after a tv dinner! :) And I have seen Southern Magazines with JELLO recipes still...maybe the Southern trend will catch on and move north!

      Delete
  3. Tried this last night...so simple...yet so yummy! Thanks for sharing! Hubby said to even pack him some for lunch the next day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you try the lime or another flavor? I think I'm going to experiment with different flavors to see which we like best! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Elizabeth I tried the Orange flavor jello! It was good! Melody

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'll make this for Christmas dinner by using a large pineapple juice can. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails