*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Sunday, January 27, 2013

Wishing on Willows by Katie Ganshert

One way to keep my mind busy these past few weeks is by reading. Luckily, I have an endless supply of books in my "to read" pile.

On this dreary day, with icy rain pecking at the windows, I snuggled in my freshly washed sheets and started the book Wishing on Willows by Katie Ganshert. While I like Christian fiction I will be the first to admit that it can be quite sappy and sometimes have too much of a Biblical aspect. What I mean by that is that some Christian books seem to call themselves Christian by just throwing random verses willy nilly or mention God here and there without it flowing nicely. I'm happy to say that this book did not do that.

The story was interesting and kept me so occupied that I actually finished the book within a few hours of beginning it. This rarely happens, especially in a house filled with interruptions! Topics within the book hit a personal chord - losing a loved one, dealing with cancer, etc. Usually these topics depress me when I'm reading and I've even been known to stop reading a book completely when I see this topic but I found this book more encouraging than depressing.

An enjoyable book all around!

I now want to offer this advanced reader copy to one of my readers to enjoy! Just leave a comment below and I'll pick a winner on Thursday, January 31st!

Disclaimer: This book was given to me by Blogging for Books, a division of WalterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.
 

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and your family during this rough time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having a hard time finding books I want to read. I agree with your thoughts on Chtistian fiction. Thanks for hosting a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the book was uplifting. We all need that! Praying for a good week for you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails