This will be short as I feel sick to my stomach just to write this. It looks like the cancer is back. Several areas of concern in the lungs showed up on the CT scan today. The doctor and surgeon feel confident that it is indeed cancer. Jacob will be having surgery on Friday to take several biopsies of the areas. We should know immediately then whether it is indeed cancer or not (which we have been told to prepare for). The surgery can hopefully be done with a scope but if not his chest will have to be opened for the operation. Jacob will be in the hospital for several days to recover from the surgery. Treatment plans do not look good for a second recurrence and decisions will have to be made.
We are in shock but holding on tight to our faith. We ask you for prayers for our peace and knowledge on how to proceed and for Jacob's comfort in the coming days.