*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Thursday, February 23, 2012

Patch Happy

Do your children wear out the knees of their pants as quickly as mine do? I hate to admit it, but I often just tossed their clothing when it got holes in it. Lately I've made more of an effort to upcycle their clothing and become more creative with their outfits.

Now when they get holes in the knees I've been patching them up, in creative ways, thanks to the idea my crafty friend gave me. I had given her a pair of Joe's outgrown pants for her son...they were our favorite pair but had pen scribbles on the knees thanks to Joe's artistic talent. She cut out star patches and affixed them to the pants and they looked even more adorable then they did before!

I tried it with Joe's jeans which were wearing thin recently and love the results.


2 comments:

  1. No kids yet, but I patch my own jeans and my husbands all the time. I have an old pair that I wore till the were falling apart that I use as scraps for the patches. I found a pair of really comfy 7 True Religion (or whatever they are called) jeans for $5 at Goodwill once that had some holes and I just bought them and patched them and reinforced all the worn spots. I'm sure they got donated because of them in the first place, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I was in high school, my sister who was older than me and the one who was younger than me were able to wear the same skirt, which gave us more variety in our clothing than if we each wore a different size. One skirt got many small holes from wearing it to chemistry class. So, we patched it with balloon shapes of fabric and used bias tape for the strings. when we noticed another hole, we just added another balloon. we were able to have all three of us wear the same skirt through four years of high school. there are only 30 months between my older sister and the one younger than me.
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails