*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Monday, January 4, 2010

Not Me! Monday


This past weekend when it was so terribly cold I did not cop out of going anywhere (even church!). I did not instead stay at home all weekend and laze about. It was not I who watched a couple episodes of Big Love on the computer, because not only would that be a waste of a weekend but that show is also just like one big soap opera and a complete waste of time.

When the kids did not pick up their toys after me reminding them over and over again I did not get mad. I did not get a huge box from the basement and put every single toy that I found in the living room, office, and dining room into that box and store that box in the basement. I was not overjoyed at how much cleaner my house is now and would never be considering donating that whole box to Goodwill just to be rid of all that clutter. I also didn't come to the conclusion that I need to sit down and have a talk with the two eldest children about respect and caring for their things. (And this will be something we will be working on these next several months, any tips on that?)

I did not order a special present for my in-laws for their anniversary and tell them in a card that it would be arriving soon in the mail, only to hear the next day that the item is now out of stock and my order was canceled. So now I do not have to explain that goof to them and also figure out something else to get them.

2 comments:

  1. Loved this 'Not Me'. I come from a cold-winter country so REALLY understand! Happy Monday. X.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with boxing up your kids toys and putting them away. I have wanted to do this for FOREVER, but wimp out. Way to go!!! Stay strong. I also need to sit my older kids down and have the same talk with them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails