*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ever Have One of Those Faces?

Are you the type of person that has complete strangers walking up to you saying "I know you from somewhere, don't I?" I have had this happening more and more and I'm starting to wonder if I have an evil twin out there, who happens to live in the same town (or I'm the evil twin of someone else?!).

It happened again today. We went out to eat at a local restaurant (thanks to my brother, Michael, and his Christmas present of a gift certificate to there!). We sat down and a lady across from us starred at me and said "I know you." I shook my head in question and said "I'm not sure but I don't recognize you." She looked at me strangely and asked my name and then said that it must be someone else she was thinking of. This happened a few weeks ago as well. I was at the grocery store and the cashier asked where my other child was. I glanced down at my three and said they are all here and she said she thought I had four. Then she asked didn't I drive a red truck? Nope, I replied, not me. She looked at me as if I was lying and said "I must be thinking of someone else" but then she personally took my grocery bags out to the van, even though a bag boy was waiting to do that, as if to see if my vehicle was indeed a red truck. Or the lady who works at Walmart and is constantly confusing me with someone else.

Just who is it that I look like? Would I think that person looked like me if I were to see them? Does that person have other people confuse them with me? It is making me awfully curious!

3 comments:

  1. LOL! I have one of those faces, too. I'm half German, half English, just like many other people in this country and I am constantly being confused for someone else. Some people really drill me on it, insisting if I am not that person, I must be their sister, or at least their cousin. It sounds like you have a twin out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love a good mystery! I would be very curious too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in NW PA and my dh aunt and uncle live in the SW part of PA. When his uncle had some surgery he had a nurse who looked just like me he said. I am also asked frequently at the grocery store if I am the one who works at a certain school. When I say no, they look at me twice like they don't believe me. Maybe there are three of me in this world.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails