*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Monday, December 28, 2009

Not Me! Monday

(If you are grossed out by vomit, I advise you not to read on!)

Yesterday I did not awaken and walk downstairs only to stop at the bottom of the steps and wonder, what is that smell? I did not find out a few seconds later when I realized that the dog had thrown up all over in her kennel in the middle of the night. It was not all over the whole kennel and herself. While I washed the kennel she did not proceed to throw up all over the dining room floor. After her bath I did not lock her in the bathroom for much of the morning.

As I washed out her blanket in the washing machine I did not find little bits of bones scattered in the bottom of the machine and I did not blame the kids for feeding her their leftover chicken bones (chicken bones are a big no-no for dogs). When I told hubby this he did not say "Oh" with a guilty look on his face...and I did not realize at that point that it was he that fed her the bones.

I did not keep her away from all food for the day, only to find her eating food that evening that hubby set out for her (again, feeding a sick dog is a big no-no), only to find her throwing up again a bit later.

I was not awakened at 3am this morning by my hubby who said the puppy got out of her kennel and there was vomit all over. It was not I, with a 19 month old toddler who awoke at the same time, who had to go clean up the mess and the puppy, AT 3 IN THE MORNING! Because wouldn't a good husband let his wife sleep and clean it up himself when he was the one who fed the dog the bones in the first place, and later gave her more food for throwing up?!

I did not sleep in a little late this morning, only to come downstairs to a puppy who had managed to escape her kennel once again and had thrown up cat food (hubby left the cat food out this morning?!!!) all over the living room, office, and laundry room. I assume he also saw her out of her kennel this morning and saw the piles of vomit, but proceeded to go to work instead of clean them up. I did not spend over an hour washing the dog, the carpets, and the kennel out this morning.

With a face like this:

How could I be mad at her? But my hubby?! That is a whole other story. He is the one who will be in the doghouse when he arrives home from work today.

*Note: I understand bone splitters from chicken bones can be serious. I am watching the dog carefully and if she exhibits any serious symptoms she will be rushed to the vet's office. For now I am giving her Bio-Sponge which should help calm her digestive tract and gave her small pieces of bread to adsorb anything in her stomach. She will be off food the rest of the day and have limited amounts of water, but will be watched closely for dehydration or listlessness. *

7 comments:

  1. Oh my! That is rough!

    I would have made my hus clean it all up..ick!

    Your dog is too cute!

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww... poor doggie!!! And poor you! Hope she is feeling better soon and yes, STRAIGHT to the dog house with your husband when he gets home.
    Thanks for visiting my blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...that is awful!

    I agree hubby should be in the dog house for leaving you that mess...how about him in the kennel? LOL...Hope the puppy is feeling much better real soon..

    ~Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! I am so very sorry that you had to deal with all that mess. If mine husband ever woke me up in the middle of the night so I could clean up vomit, his sorry butt would have been cleaning right there beside me. And if he ever would have gone to work leaving that kind of mess, well, let's just say he would have regretted it and NEVER done it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuck! Totally agree that hubby should be in the dog house. Hope your puppy feels better soon!
    ~Elyse

    ReplyDelete
  6. After a day and night like this, I hope you eat all the birthday cake you can stand. Just don't let it make YOU SICK and pls don't give any to the puppy!!! Seriously-you are a good sport and have a great outlook on life! And you are obviously an animal lover and you must seriously love your man!!! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor baby!! Shame on you Hubby! Glad she is getting better =0)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails