*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Sunday, September 20, 2009

Not Me! Monday





Once again, I am here to spill some of my mommy secrets. Those skeletons in the closet that no "good mama" would dare tell a soul. Those things that we don't do (*cough*) on occasion or let slip by just to keep ourselves sane.



I did not let my daughter leave the house without brushing her hair. I wasn't in a rush and I realize how her hair looks all ratty without it being brushed so would never let her be seen in public like this. I especially wouldn't let her go out in public several times like this because even in the mad dash that ensues before running out the door with three little ones I always have the time to brush everyone's hair.



The other day when it was extremely loud downstairs and my nerves were frazzled I did not tell my husband that I needed to go put a basket of clean clothes away only to go into our bedroom and lay down on the bed for some piece of quiet. You all know me and know that I would never make myself seem busy when I was instead taking a break.



I did not tell my son at the store that the toys he picked out were not for sale and that we would have to put them back. I did not tell him that we would get them next time we were shopping there, knowing full well that this was a thrift store and that they would certainly not be there next time because 1. we only go to that store once a month and 2. the toys have a fast turnover rate there. I would never do that! Not Me!


And I surely did not put my toddler in a pile of leaves to get a cute photo only to have him scream when I covered his legs up. I did not go ahead and take the photo before rescuing him from the scary crunchy leaves. Do you think I'm that kind of mama?! Not me!





I did not get the whim after hearing about a friend who just redid her playroom floor to pull up the carpet in the dining room to see a half finished wood floor. I did not get this whim on a Sunday evening and spend half the night pulling staples and mopping the floor while hubby did the trim work. I now do not have a floor that has TONS of work that needs to be done. (But on a side note, I do already like the wood floor better than the carpet that was on the floor that we did not do. Confused yet?) I always plan things ahead of time and would never start a project in the middle of the evening at the end of a weekend. Never ever!


And will you all now please share one of your Not Me! moments so that I don't look like the only bad mother out there?! :)

8 comments:

  1. Isn't it great to get all this stuff off your chest?! I feel like I can take a huge sigh of relief when I'm done with my NMM post! ;)

    Thanks for your comment on mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that to my floor once (completely on a whim as well)! Totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo good one....putting away clothes...will have to use that some time...yea....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done the hair thing far too many times too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny! My hubby dropped off my oldest at school today and he called me and said he had forgotten to brush his hair before they left the house. He said he did a little "spit brushing" in the car before he let him out of the car at school! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post made me laugh laugh laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm late reading your not me's but they are really funny. I can relate.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails