*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Wednesday, April 6, 2016

It's The Time of Year

Garage Sale season will soon be upon us! As a matter of fact, I've been to two already this year - both charity sales held indoors. With really decluttering our house I've already noticed a difference in what I pick up - not much! I see nice things that before I would have bought but now think, "I don't need that, I don't have a place for that". I did find Becca some needed Justice clothing for a great price and Amy a nice pile of GAP clothing though. 

With my KonMari and 40 Bags in 40 Days challenge I have a HUGE pile of stuff priced and ready to go in my own garage sale. I am hoping to set up next week, though if the current weather conditions continue into next week that will not be possible. I'm just watching the weather conditions and waiting - as are my siblings and cousins who will be including their own items. It may happen on the spur of the moment. 

Whenever the sale happens, my goal is to set aside all my proceeds to use for my own garage sale and thrift shopping this coming summer. Money is tighter now and by doing that I won't be drawing from the family budget. I also plan to continue being much more selective in what I do buy, only purchasing items I truly need and love. It's amazing what deals can be found while garage sailing and I hope to highlight the fun finds here on the blog. I'll update on my own garage sale once it's happening. :)
 

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a "list" when you go to garage sales or do you just keep ideas of what you do need in your head? My biggest problem with garage sales is buying things I don't need and not finding things I do need. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't typically carry a list, other than a mental one, unless it is for something specific like curtains which are a specific measurement. I've found, at least recently, that by picking up something that interests me if I can't immediately think of a place where it can go immediately or an urgent use for it then I don't buy it. That helps. With 5 kids you probably could use a lot of things though! ;)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails