*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Tuesday, June 12, 2012

You Move Too Fast

Dear Summer,
I looked forward to you, thinking that I would have extra time to just sit and be. I was excited for the start of Vacation Bible School, swimming lessons, library programs, and most of all, idleness. The latter seems to be quite elusive these days.
You are going much too quickly. Your days are full to the brim and I fall into bed exhausted at night. You are making me tired.
You are also keeping me in awe. I'm loving the joy that you bring to my family and I. I love your hotness, your rain showers, the cool breezes that you blow my way. I love the way you tend to my flowers and vegetable garden. I love the way you dry my laundry on the clothesline. I love your warm caresses as I sit on the porch and watch the children play.
I love you. Please slow down a little so that we can enjoy every minute of you!

1 comment:

  1. I could not agree more! Happy Summer to you!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails