*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Friday, September 9, 2011

Gone for Good

I am exhausted after two days of lifting boxes, setting up items for a garage sale, waiting on customers while also keeping control (or trying to, anyhow) of my children at the same time. This all happens at my parent's house down the street so there is lots of help but everyone is still exhausted at the end of the day.

My previous post states that I hauled 11 boxes, three garbage bags, a large cooler on wheels, a floor lamp, double stroller, and pictures to the sale. The weather was perfect and the sale went wonderful. At the end of today I took some of what was left and put it in at the curb - which we then post on FreeCycle and it never fails that someone comes to pick the whole pile of stuff up. I then returned with one small bin of clothing which I immediately posted on ThredUp and within minutes three of the four boxes were already chosen. I posted two books on PaperBack Swap and those were also chosen within the hour. I have them all boxed up and ready to mail as I want every last thing out of here! The amazing thing is that once I mail the packages tomorrow every last thing that I priced for the garage sale will be gone from this house forever! It feels good to get rid of that much.

I made $156 in this two day sale. That's a lot considering that most of what I priced was at 25 cents to 50 cents and the highest priced item was the double stroller at just $8. The kids also made a little spending cash and got rid of some toys at the same time. This week has been a success for clearing out clutter - yet there is still more to go. Baby steps, I keep reminding myself.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Good stuff!! Glad you made some nice $$!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Thank you for keeping the goal of less in the house in front of my eyes!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails