*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Monday, November 8, 2010

What Happens Next?

Thank you all for your condolences after my Grandma's passing on November 3, 2010. Her wake and funeral were beautiful and went exactly as she had wanted. But, what happens now?

This morning I worked on trying to get the house back to normal after a week of being gone. The laundry is piled up and every inch of the house needs to be picked up and organized. I thought it would help to have so much to do to keep my mind busy. Instead, the work, combined with the grief, seems overwhelming. I don't know where to start.

I figured maybe working on my blog would get me back to normal but the only thoughts that were flowing were ones of my dear Grandma. So I'm going with the flow. This week my blog posts will be dedicated to my Grandma and things that I learned from her. While most of you never had the privilege to meet her I can tell bits and pieces of her story. Especially during my teen years and my days as a new mother I learned the most from my Grandma. But through out her life, as well as her death, I've learned. She has also left behind stories, artwork, her family, and her faith...so I will continue to learn from this amazing woman. She may have left her earthly body and gained her eternal salvation in Heaven, but she hasn't left us. Her story continues through all of her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.

This week I will be sharing parts of my life that she has shaped. May I do her story justice.

1 comment:

  1. You take one-step at a time and slowly get things back together. It did not happen in a day and won’t be cleaned in a day. Have a cup of your favorite drink, hug your kids then start a load of laundry and do the dishes. You will feel better for having hugged the kids and one load is a start.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails