*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Free For All

I've written before about Freecycle and about being a trash picker but I thought I would reiterate it again.

I do not think that everything that is free is worth taking, mind you. I pass by about 98% of free things that I run across. A lot of times, another person's junk is really, well, junk. And yet, there really are good things to be found. Why pay for something when it can possibly be found for free?

Take these, for example:

Last week this unopened box of 64 size 4 Pampers diapers was being given away on Freecycle. My son wears size 4 and luckily I was the first to respond so got them! I checked at Walmart and these are $20! I was able to get something that I need (well, I don't need them, my son does), that I would have bought anyway (though we use cloth diapers we also use disposables...it's about a 50/50 with the two), for free! This lady also offered to drop it off at a family business here in town for quicker pickup. This was a shop that we frequent anyway so there wasn't even a hassle of pickup.

There are Freecycle groups all over the country. If our tiny county has one than I'm sure there is one around you. It's free to sign up and use and all you do is receive e-mails when someone in the group lists a free item. If it is something you are interested in you just e-mail them back and then set up a time to pick the item up. I love this group more for giving away than for getting as we have listed numerous things (scrap metal, old washing machines and couches, toys, box of pots and pans, chairs, and more) and just set the items out on the curb and they were all taken. It's a wonderful way to get rid of items that you no longer need and that others could use as well as keep these items from the landfill.

This is not a paid or sponsored review. I just love Freecycle so much and had to share again of my good deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails