*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving After Loss

Thanksgiving isn't an easy day when you are missing a part of your family. While you are counting your blessings their absence is quite apparent.
                (A picture of Jacob and I taken at Chuck E. Cheese in 2005)

It's hard. Yet I keep reminding myself of

1 Thessalonians 5:18

which tells us to "give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."

 As hard as it is to understand that God knew Jacob would be with us for a short 8 years when He formed him and placed him in my womb, there IS a reason. Probably a reason that I will never know this side of Heaven. Yet I know that in his 8 years of life he touched more people than some do in 80 years on the earth. Jacob's life was worthwhile, was planned out by God.

I'm thankful that God chose me to be Jacob's mama.

I'm thankful that I had 8 years with my sweet boy.

I'm thankful that this little soul was a part of my life and taught me so much about the true meaning of life.

I'm thankful that Jacob is enjoying his rewards in Heaven. That we have a special angel watching over us.

So while his absence is ever present, so are his fingerprints on our life.

 As difficult as it may be, I shall try to "give thanks in all circumstances."

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Give thanks for your family and friends today and count your blessings - even when they hurt.   

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet picture and a convicting reminder. Praying for you and your family this Christmas season. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the prayers...we need them this holiday season!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails