*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Sunday, November 2, 2014

Bookies

It's getting colder here. Which means little outside time and hunkering down indoors.

Creative play.

Pots full of soup.

Cups of hot tea.

Bubble baths.

Pumpkin bars baking.

Fall scented candles.

Warm sweaters.

And best of all. BOOKS! We don't get nearly enough reading done in the summer months but nothing screams READ ME! like a warm quilt, fuzzy socks, and a cup of tea at hand.

I have piles of books around my house. It doesn't help that the library recently had their fall book sale and I came away with a huge box full of books (Becca had another box just of her own!).

I have books coming in the mail for review.

And I now have a book to read monthly for the new book club at our library.

Last month we read The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh.

I enjoyed reading it, though I ended up disliking the characters. The discussion at the book club was fun...tearing the book apart to the bare bones showed how very unrealistic it all was. How things didn't vibe or flow smoothly. And yet, it was a fun book to read, I think, whether we loved it or hated it.

Next up is The Stone Diaries by Carol Shields which should prove to be interesting.

What are you reading at the moment?

2 comments:

  1. I loved The Stone Diaries. Hope you enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently reading Love Letters by Debbie Macomber. Pure fluff but still a decent read. Sharon

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails