*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Thursday, July 24, 2014

Thursday Thoughts

Yesterday I woke up and was just sick.and.tired of my house. It's been feeling tiny, crowded, and cluttered. I've felt down about not having the money to decorate it the way I want and finally came to the conclusion to use what I have and shake it up a bit. So I used the time when the two oldest were at Vacation Bible School and had Amy "help" me rearrange the dining room, fill a bag for donation, and am liking the space better already. Once it's where I want it to be I'll post some photos (I wish I had thought to snap a before photo).

Little Amy has been pretending to be a puppy lately. She even crawls into the kennel, shuts the door, and barks. What a cutie! 
 One sister for sale,
One sister for sale,
One crying and spying young sister for sale

I'm really not kidding so who'll start the bidding
Do I hear a dollar?
A nickle?
A penny?
Oh isn't there isn't there isn't there any
One person who will buy this sister for sale
This crying spying young sister for sale.”

― Shel Silverstein


While I homeschool, and don't have to do "back to school shopping" in the traditional manner, I do enjoy buying the kids new socks, underwear, and clothes before the beginning of fall anyhow. Actually, any excuse to shop for kids clothes is fine by me. ;) I still try to do it on the cheap. Luckily, I have $50 credit to Moxie Jean for a bag of clothing that I sent in and have a Rue La La voucher to Boden to use (I paid $35 for a $50 voucher and will combine it with free shipping and the 15% off code). My aunt's consignment shop also just put all their fall stuff out and I found the cutest GAP birdie sweater for Amy. I really need to go through the tubs of out of season clothes I have because I really don't think the kids need a whole lot this coming fall. One of the benefits of buying ahead at garage sales and consignment shops!

Don't forget to enter for the $50 Boden gift certificate! It ends in a few days!

I'm following Jennifer with Thursday Thoughts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails